Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wisconsin...

Sam and I spent New Year's Weekend in Wisconsin. We arrived in Minneapolis, Minnesota early on Saturday morning. We were picked up by Sam's brother Lukas and his sister Sia who had arrived there the night before from LA. We went straight to Kathy's house, who is Sam's Mom, and slept for a few hours.

Wisconsin was covered in a blanket of snow. It was (quite literally) freezing. The highs for the time that we were there were between 10F and 20F (-12C and -6C). But it was beautiful. I had never seen anything so pretty and clean. After waking up, I needed to go for a walk to stretch out all the aches and pains from sleeping in odd positions. Kathy, Sia, Sam and I walked down the street to the Hudson River, and walked out on the jetty. The jetty used to be a bridge that spanned the Hudson River and connected Wisconsin and Minnesota, but they have since taken away a section of the bridge so it now just a jetty. It was snowing lightly while we walked and I loved it. I had never seen snow fall before. Most of the river was frozen, but there were sections that werent, and we got to see some tundra swans and ducks.





Sia, Sam and I


Kathy, Sam and I


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks very cold there. Brrr