Sunday, August 17, 2008

We made it...

We finally arrived in Auckland yesterday at 4pmnz. We were weary after all that travelling and made it quickly through customs to retreive our bags only to find that my bag didnt make the flight with us. After filling out a lost bag report, we picked up the rental van and made our way up to my Aunts place. We spent the night with my Auntie Lyn and Uncle John, and will head out from here once my bag arrives. In the mean time, we went for a walk this morning, exploring the town in between rain storms. Below are some pictures that chronicle our trip so far ...
In Sydney waiting for our next flight...

Enjoying a rest on our walk...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a comfortable looking jacket. :)

Unknown said...

So thrilled that you made it safely! We've been praying for you - alot! - since we found out about the storm. I'm looking each day for any morsel of news and updates seeing as we can't just IM or call each other. Enjoy our family and friends, Sam - I'm sure you'll understand us a lot better after this trip! Love you guys...PS notice I'm using the wedding gmail? I can't remember mine. Maybe you can email me with my name and password, Noo

Andy Woodfield said...

Hi Sam and Nicki - Catching your breath is about right - Auckland looks as green as usual. Have a wonderful time and remember to drive on the left hand side - of the road that is... Love dad

Lukas VanDyke said...

lol wrong country and lost a bag.... great start.

Julia Casebolt said...

sounds like an exciting trip so far... good thing Nicki is an experienced world traveler or what would Sam do?!

p.s. Sam I don't have your voicemail password, could I get that ASAP somehow?

Amy said...

praise the Lord He took you there safely!
Have a FANTASTIC time!! and take an extra 2 breaths and an extra 3 long seconds looking at those rolling green hills for me will you! I do miss that beautiful fresh clean air sometimes.. and the greeness of NZ. Sam your gonna love it!!
Love n blessngs.. Amy