Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dad's Birthday

On Thursday, we went to Mum and Dad's place to celebrate my Dad's birthday. I made the cake, which was supposed to be a replica of the church, but later I realized that I messed it up a little. but it was still delicious anyway.

Dad's Cake

The Saga of the Remote...

For two months, my family couldn't find the TV remote. It seemed to have fallen into a black hole. Dad had been the last one to use it, but many other people got blamed for its disappearance. They looked everywhere; in the couches, under the couches, even in the most obscure places like the laundry. Well, at Dad's birthday dinner, it came up once again that they still couldn't find it. So we started thinking through the place it had been seen, and the places it might have gone. Once again, they pulled the couches out to look under them, and they searched in all the hollow places as you will see in the following pictures

Searching for the remote..


Eventually, they did find it. It had fallen into a crevice that was only noticed when the back of the chair was extended and the foot was raised.

2 comments:

Kathy J said...

HaHa!!
It is so annoying to lose the remote! So, you had to recreate the whole "crime" scene! Even to opening the chair! Like I always said,"It has to be somewhere! It can't be NO where!

Kathy J said...

Your cake is beautiful Nicki!
Glad you have a picture of it.
I would like to have pictures of all the birthday cakes I made over the years, some were pretty nice, but I can't remember now and I have no pics.