Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another different week

Apparently blogging is a challenge to stay up on. Already it has been weeks since the Shepherds conference began and here I am concluding on how that week went.

The week of the conference was an excellent week. An enjoyable time spending nights with my married brother as a married brother. Also very enjoyable to see people I haven't seen for months or years. And unmistakably enjoyable listening to the teaching on how to serve our God in a better way. Altogether, enjoyable :). Now its two weeks later and I am still glowing from the occasion.

As a grand finale to the week, coming home 12 hours early to be with my wife only sealed the week off. More is to be said about what we did the week after (last week), but this week is another different week. For one, every night had a ministry type meeting I needed to attend or lead, minus Friday. But what makes it significantly different is the fact that my boss choose to put me on the evening work shift this week. There were some procedures that the evening crew needed to be trained on, so I became the man to do the training.

For many employee's this would be a tragic week with many night time obligations and now having to work nights. But by God's grace, my boss (a godly man) eagerly allowed me to leave work to go to the events and then come back to finish my shift. So far it has worked quit well. The whole idea of being at home all morning is a weird yet enjoyable sensation. I feel like my brother-in-law Benny-boy :D

Maybe this Saturday I will conclude my thoughts on working nights.

Here is a glimpse of where my internet browsing happens, right in front of the Gravity Table...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8OYCTE7uE&feature=player_embedded


3 comments:

Kathy J said...

You're funny!! What did you do all morning when you were home!!?
Get in Nicki's way!? =) Scrambled schedules are nice, make life a little more interesting! Although maybe a little more confusing to get things done!

Kathy J said...

PS, I WAS THERE!! Right in front of that gravity table, it was so cool seeing where you work and what you do!! I love almond factories, cuz I LOVE almonds!

Kathy J said...

Hi Sam and Nicki, so it is now Aprill 22, what's going on now!!! =)