Thursday, March 4, 2010

Halfway through the Week

The entire first day of the Shepherds conference is finished. And the third day being away from home begins.

Nicki is one of the most greatest wives that ever walked the planet! Not only did she amply prepare me for my trip down here. Each day she sent a gift to be opened, she says, so that I won't forgot her (like that could possibly happen).

The first gift were photos she took last week of our house and kitties and church and many of herself. A perfect gift so that as I talked to many old friends at the conference, I could bring them up to speed with what our lives looked like.

Today the gift was two amazing American Eagle T's. She keeps me well dressed to say the least.

There is no let down for people's expectations for the Shepherds Conference this year. For myself and the group that came down from our church, the sessions and fellowship have been enriching and encouraging. Meeting new faces and spending time with good friends has been a refreshing joy.

2 comments:

Naomi Esther said...

What a nice wifely idea! I'm glad the Shepherds' Conference is all you were hoping it would be, brother.

Kathy J said...

Awww, very sweet!! So many happy times!! I sure enjoyed being with you both last week!!