Sunday, April 25, 2010

Climbing Half Dome...

Well, after training for three months, we headed up to Yosemite again. Sam's sister, Cassia, and a few friends came with us.
This time I was prepared for the first part of the hike, and surprised myself with how fast, and easily I completed it. Then started the slow trek up the rest of the mountain. Some of the more fit people made it to the base of Half Dome fairly quickly and the rest of us got there about an hour and a half later. We finally made it to the base of Half Dome in time to eat lunch. As I sat down to eat, I looked at the long line of people climbing the Ropes to the top, and decided I was too tired to attempt the last portion. However, after eating and taking a short nap, I was reenergized and decided that it would be sad to make it all this way, and not make it to the top. So to the top we went!

At the Base of Half-Dome (notice the line of people climbing the Ropes to the top)


The View from the top...


Starting the descent down the Ropes


Part way down with Half Dome in the background. I came, I saw, I conquered!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: