Sunday, April 25, 2010

My first harvest...

At the beginning of March, Sam and I planted a garden in out side yard. I was very excited as I have never planted my own garden before. Six weeks later, things were really starting to take off and look like vegetables. We planted quite a few lettuces, some tomates, corn, cabbage and cucumbers. Well last week, I got my first harvest from the garden. I needed to thin out some of the lettuces and onions so that they can grow bigger, and so we had a yummy spring salad from the fresh produce of our garden. God is so good to provide for our many needs, and this garden is going to be a huge provision during the Summer. I cant wait...

When we first planted it...


Six weeks later...

Jake helping me with my first harvest...


The result of our labor...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Great pictures of your place, Nicki! It looks like you've settled in nicely up there. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy when he arrives :).

Lyn said...

Your novice gardener aunt enjoys the gardening photos. U r growing same veges as I (try to) grow. Are they marigolds planted with the veges? If so are you using organic gardening methods? I'm keen on neem oil as an organic spray. So satisfying eating your own produce.